Basecamp Fitness is committed to keeping our members and employees safe
The health and safety of our members and employees has always been and will continue to be our top priority. While we're excited to get you back to Basecamp, we want to make sure that you are safe, comfortable, and excited. Watch this video to learn all the things we are doing to keep our members safe:
We have taken the following measures to ensure that our protocol aligns and exceeds the CDC recommendations:
We’re Implementing Policies that Comply with Social Distancing Guidelines
- Each member will have a dedicated space reserved for them with their own bike and weight equipment.
- We are asking members and staff to refrain from high-fives and hugs; instead we’re encouraging air fives, waves, shout-outs, foot bumps, and peace signs.
We’re Building Upon Our Existing Cleaning Standards with New Protocols
- There will be ongoing disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the studio, including but not limited to: counter tops, handles, restroom areas, and lockers.
- We’re planning extra time in between classes to allow our staff more time to clean workout areas and equipment including bikes, weights, and the floor.
- There will be additional sanitizing wipes and touchless hand sanitizing stations accessible throughout the studio.
We’re Changing Our Hygiene Amenities and Check-In Process
- In order to help avoid the spreading of germs, we have temporarily eliminated our towel service and removed commonly shared items like hairspray, deodorant, and gum.
- Bathrooms will be accessible, but we are asking that you shower at home.
- Water fountains will still be available, but for bottle use only. Please bring a water bottle from home. We will continue to have bottled water available for purchase in the studio.
- All transactions must be billed to your account or paid by credit/debit card. Cash will not be accepted.
- We are modifying our check-in process to allow for a touch-free experience. Please be patient and allow your studio staff extra time as everyone adjusts to this new workflow.
Updated April 1, 2020
A message from our founders: Our COVID-19 response
The safety and health of our customers, franchise owners and employees of Basecamp Fitness are of utmost importance as we adhere to COVID-19 policies and mandates from federal, state and local authorities.
- The franchise owners representing our brands in communities and physical locations worldwide are independent, small-business operators. We have advised these franchise owners to continue to follow the guidance of local health officials and government mandates, and to use good judgment when making decisions that affect their customers and communities. They are closest to the latest local guidance and mandates; they are monitoring the course of events daily and making the appropriate changes to their local operations, including the closure of our storefronts. We do not have a timeline currently to reopen any of our closed locations. We will update this message with details as soon as they are available.
- Basecamp Fitness have proactively frozen memberships; current members are invited to engage with Basecamp Fitness virtually. Please contact your location for more information.
Above all, what matters right now – today – is your health and safety. Please do your part to help minimize the spread of this virus to others. Stay home, away from groups or crowds. Wash your hands frequently. Get fresh air and sunshine, safely, whenever you can. Move your body whenever possible. And please contact your health care provider immediately if you begin to develop any flu-like symptoms.
Our mission is to improve the self-esteem of the world, and our business thrives when our franchise owners thrive. Those words matter to us more than ever in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please, stay healthy and safe, and we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Updated March 16, 2020
The health and wellness of our clients and our communities is our number one priority. Many local and state government agencies are providing guidelines around the size of public gatherings and are requiring temporary closures of fitness centers. Our locations across the country are following these guidelines as quickly as possible in the interest of public health. Studio’s local web pages are being updated as quickly as possible with temporary closure information. Please check with your local studio for information about changes in their hours of operation. We will update this website with information as it becomes available.
The CDC recommends following the precautionary measures and guidelines below to help keep you healthy and prevent the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Keep away from others that are sick
- Clean and disinfect household objects and surfaces in your home
- Avoid travel to destinations where the outbreak is prevalent.
We will update this website with information as it becomes available.